Tuesday, July 28, 2015

What are my chances of getting a visa to live in Canada?


Hello. Would like to know my chances of getting a visa so I can immigrate to Canada. Specifically, Vancouver, British Columbia.

I am a 26 year old male optometrist with full education, documentation etc. Living in Manchester, England. As I only have 4 years experience, I only earn £60,000 annually, but my boss has said this may rise if I stay a few more years. This is a good offer, but I've never wanted to stay in Manchester, but to move to North America.

I have £140,000 ($280,000 Canadian) and with a mortgage, should buy me a one bedroom, one bathroom apartment which I'm happy with. I have a flat here in England, but it isn't worth a lot, it will only cover my new car and travel fees.

I looked online and it seems that my job is on the list of required skills which drastically improves my chances, apparently. Is this true?

Also, if someone has any experience, please tell me about it and any tips. Thanks

Read more: What are my chances of getting a visa to live in Canada?