Monday, August 17, 2015

Did not reaffirm mortgage through Wells Fargo need to miss one or possibly two payments. What will happen?


We filed for Chapter 7 in 2009 and did not reaffirm our mortgage. We have always paid every month and on time. My husband and I have separated and I have surgery coming up that I have to pay a percentage of my conisnsurance beforehand. I will also be out of work for three weeks due to surgery.

I just called wells fargo and basically got no information. They told me that I couldn't and wouldn't get any penalties or late fees but after the account was 45 days past due I might get a letter stating that it must be paid in full by a certain time to keep it from going further as in towards foreclosure. The agent on the phone said I might not even get this letter. What kind of answer is this?

I realize I am responsible for my mortgage. I am in a situation where I'm trying to do the best I can. I am terrified that if I skip the one payment that they will demand a double payment that I won't be able to make. I can start making payments normally but not a double payment.

Does anyone have any experience or insight into this type of situation?

Read more: Did not reaffirm mortgage through Wells Fargo need to miss one or possibly two payments. What will happen?