Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Should I stay in a bad area for a low mortgage?


Help! I have cute house in a crummy area. I have lived here for 16 years and the neighborhood is crummy most of the time. My neighbors throw trash in my yard recently got drunk and knocked down a plank on my fence, other neighbors play their music very loud all hours of the day, not to mention two breakins and street traffic. I am a single mom and I enjoy the low mortgage, however there is not much peace here. I am afraid of buying again and having a mortgage double what I pay now.
Stayed this long due to the low mortgage. However I recently listed the house and received an offer. Should I take the offer and flee or stay to save money? The mortgage is lower than most rent. Help!

Read more: Should I stay in a bad area for a low mortgage?