Monday, September 7, 2015

Do i have to bring all of these to the DMV?


I am under 18 and am going to apply for a photo ID. I only have my SSN card and birth certificate. Will they not give me and ID because i don't have the other things they want me to bring?

The North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) does not allow you to apply for an ID Card online or by mail. To apply, you must visit any North Carolina Driver’s License office in person and bring:

2 forms of identification, such as your:
Valid ID (including out-of-state ID).
Passport.
Birth certificate (original or certified copy only).
Proof of your Social Security number, such as your:
Social Security card.
Tax forms from the IRS.
Payroll record.
Proof of your North Carolina residency, such as your:
Vehicle registration card.
Utility bills.
Rental agreement or mortgage statement.

Read more: Do i have to bring all of these to the DMV?