Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Married Men: Do you or your wife handle the finances and spending for your household?


I've been very happily married for over 14 years, we have 6 amazing kids. My husband is a spender and I am a saver. When my husband and I first met, he had some debts, and I had quite a bit of money saved. By following my advice my husband had his debts paid off in less then a year, and he learned how to save.

Since we got married 14 years ago, I've been the one who has handled our finances and spending. We sit down and discuss our monthly budget, wants, needs and other things. I always come up with a reasonable budget, and I stick with that budget. We've also invested our money, and we've had some very nice dividends. Because of my frugal and practical ways, I've managed to save quite a bit over the years. I've kept us out of debt as well. The only "real" debt that we have is our mortgage. We own everything else free and clear.

Do you or your wife handle the finances and spending for your household?

Read more: Married Men: Do you or your wife handle the finances and spending for your household?