Sunday, September 6, 2015

My landlord gave me a letter to vecate in 60 days?


I have been living at this place a few years now and my lardlord decided to sell the property before the bank claims it from him because he is not paying the mortgage.
we spoke about it and he said we would begin a month to month lease and hopefully I will be able to continue renting from the new owners.
But for the last 9 months he hasn't fixed anything on the property so I informed him that I would withhold $200 from him to fix stuff on the property he asked me to hold out on get anyone to fix anything let him see what he can do first. Nothing was ever done and don't have a working fridge now because the breaker started tripping off and he told me that he was not going to replace it
I pay my rent and I owe nothing but my landlord became very upset by my withholding the $200 from him and presented me with 2 letters asking me to cease & desist from over loading the electrical system and the other letter informed me that I had 60 days to vacate the premises. I became very upset by this turn of event
1 because the letter to cease and desist from over loading the electrical system when he had not brought in a electrician to find out what was causing the problem was crazy and 2 the letter to vacate because I would not give him the $200 because he would not replace me fridge. But I agreed to vacate
Now he is telling me that I still have to pay him rent
My question is Do I still have to pay him rent after he has given me notice to vacate the property?
Thank you for your response

Read more: My landlord gave me a letter to vecate in 60 days?