Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Should I leave hairdressing or will I regret it?


I m 21 years old and a hairdresser in a small salon there are 3 stylists 2 juniors I m busy I enjoy my job I love my clients I don t love my colleagues but they re OK when we have a quieter week my hours are dropped I m contracted for 24 hours on average I do 32 going up to 40 hours a week but I want more I always feel like my job isn t safe I don t want to give it a go in another salon (I ve worked in another salon in the past) I can t see myself doing hairdressing in 10 years time I don t want to own my own salon my main reason why I want to leave is I want a job where I know what I m doing each day I know my pay and my hours but will I regret leaving hairdressing? I m on £7 hoping to go up to £8 very soon advice please? I m looking into care work still interaction with clients know my wage know my hours? I currently work wed - Saturday working Saturdays don t bother me atal and 1 Tuesday a month. I do home hair too which is great so are the tips but I m not happy I don t enjoy it just the interaction with clients I enjoy help! Really don t want to regret giving it up but don t want to stay feeling like this I have a mortgage and want to go to work then leave it when I finish not getting texts 24/7 from clients they even text me saying I know your on holiday but when can you fit me in grr lol

Read more: Should I leave hairdressing or will I regret it?