Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Heat and electric costs if I bought a house?


So basically I am thinking about moving in with my mom to save up for a down payment on a house. I make about $14/hour, work full time, have no kids but I m a single guy so it would be just me living there.

Anyway if I buy a 50k house, I think I can afford most stuff however I m wondering what the heating, electric, water and garbage costs will be. The first two are what scare me, since I want to be able to save money at the same time in case anything goes wrong. I figure if I buy a home it will be between 1000-1300 square feet, and I m just wondering if anyone knows what the heating and electric costs for that would be in a place like south west Michigan. Thanks.
Added (1). The heat would be gas. Property taxes and home insurance are added into the mortgage which I've already estimated. Just wondering what people think the heat and electric might be.

Read more: Heat and electric costs if I bought a house?