Monday, November 30, 2015

Can I get the seller to pay their portion of property taxes after closing on home in Florida?


I purchased a home 3/4th the way through the year and the seller and I agreed to pay the prorated difference of the property tax bill estimate. The tax bill has come and the seller underpaid by approximately $1340. The title company had me sign a paper at closing in the pile of papers that after reading through stares both parties gave accepted such proration as final determination of liability for taxes between parties… Do I have any recourse? I ve emailed the mortgage officer and title company and am awaiting a response. They accounted that the seller had a homestead exemption, but he did not.

Read more: Can I get the seller to pay their portion of property taxes after closing on home in Florida?