Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Drop everything and leave for paradise or continue to build the life I've started?


I am a 26 year old college graduate, BS electrical engineering, living in a city which has horrible weather and the sun comes out a month a year, with pitiful sports teams and a night on the town includes a dive bar and Denny's. I am originally from the Bay Area in California and currently still have family residing there. While on a visit to the Bay Area it struck me that this is paradise and still has the feeling of home. I still try to visit a few times a year and see my family and old friends. I have stated my career and am building a solid foundation in my current city but because of my career choice I have the option to transfer easily. I have a fiancé and a Mortgage back home but a free place to stay with family in the Bay Area.

Would like any input on my choices. 1. Stay where I live and continue to build a life and family. Keep working hard at what I do and keep my California trips to strictly visits.

2. Drop everything in my current city and move in with family in the Bay Area and start over. My fiancé is not willing to move and I would sell the house and what belongings I had.

Read more: Drop everything and leave for paradise or continue to build the life I've started?