Friday, November 13, 2015

I am 22 years old I should be allowed to spend my money on what I want?


I am 22 years old and I live with my dad still. I work as a full time Nurses aide in a nursing home and I want to go back to a community college to be an RN. I am not trying to brag but I have saved up to over 33 grand in my checking's account I have plenty enough money to back to school. Sometimes I would buy stuff like video games I would like or movies and such to watch in my spare time. My dad always give me hard time me spending money on stuff like that saying that he does not want me spending money on stuff I do not need. He has a mortgage, car payments, bills etc to pay and he buys car wash supplies and money on golfing all the time. He does not need to spend money on that all the time but he does so why can I not spend money on what I want sometimes. I bought a bunch of nursing books of the computer one time and he was so mad he took my debit card from me but then gave it back to me few minutes later saying don't spend money if you do not have too. Is my dad being controlling. I worked hard for my money I should spend it on what I want I still got plenty of money for school at least. You think my dad would be proud of his only son saving up that much money but I feel like he is not.
Added (1). I am still his child even if I did not live with him at all. Why can he spend money on golfing, car wash, eating out but I can not.
Added (2). I offered many time to pay rent but all he asks is for me to pay for groceries time to time and help pay for car insurance. I do plenty to help him around the house I wish he would realize that he is lucky to have me as his son.
Added (3). I want to go buy a play station 4 game console and new video games but I feel like I shouldn't though cause of him.

Read more: I am 22 years old I should be allowed to spend my money on what I want?