Wednesday, November 18, 2015

What kind of home mortgage loan can I get?


I'm a first time home buyer looking for a single family home under $100K. I make about $36K a year (this fluctuates because I have 2 part time jobs and do a lot of freelancing) and my credit score is 777. All of the online pre-approval calculator things wouldn't give me any info or gave me ridiculously low amounts (a $20K loan). I'm just wondering if it is even possible for me to get a loan? I understand I'm not making millions of dollars, but I have enough to cover the estimated monthly payments of these places.
Added (1). I can probably put down a payment of 10-20%, depending on the price. Also, I do have student loans and a car loan which are probably ~$15K total currently.

Read more: What kind of home mortgage loan can I get?