Tuesday, December 22, 2015

How to get ahold of lender, and owner in a short sale?


Hello. I am a tenant whos rights have been violated enormously. On top of the fact that my landlord didn't disclose the mortgage default prior to moving in (which is against the law). He also gave me a 30 day written notice on the 21 of December to be out by Jan 4th( less than 30 days and also void). I would have never moved in being that I am 8 months pregnant, if I would have known the house was in the process of foreclosure! I am a single mom due to domestic violence and I left hoping to find a peace of mind, but now I'm told if I don't leave I will be forced out by the sheriff(also illegal).

I live in California on a month to month agreement. I know by law I only have 30 days. But the owner didn't give me enough notice. He gave me the notice on the 21st, so technically I have until then. But I was told by a real estate agent that if the new owner wants me out and plan to move in on the 4th of Jan they can either offer cash for keys, or give me a 30 day notice.

For me time is of the essence. I am due Feb 3rd. At this point you cannot move in under 30 days. And when the thirty days comes, the current owner will no longer be the owner. The home is owner occupied, and in the short sale neglected to tell the new prospect owners that there are tenants in the home (not lodgers)

How do I find the new owner when the current won't tell us. Or even the bank. If I can get some help moving, I'll be out before the 4th.

Read more: How to get ahold of lender, and owner in a short sale?