Friday, January 22, 2016

Can I break my lease and buy a home?


So here's my situation, I'm thinking about kicking out my fiancé soon. The rent house we are in now is in my name - as is everything else (his credit is awful). I do not know how I will afford this place on my own. I make decent money but rent is expensive and is just eating my checks! I have a. 8 yr old and would like to keep him in the same area. I've never broken a lease before. I know it would go on my credit if I don't pay up for the months I wont be here. Which Im not willing/can't do. Mortgages are cheaper than rent-Would I even be able to get a house in this situation. I am fully aware of closing cost and this and that.
Added (1). I'm not sure if this would keep me from getting approved or not.
Added (2). Will the home lender know that I am breaking a lease even if the lease hasn't made it to my credit yet?

Read more: Can I break my lease and buy a home?