Sunday, January 31, 2016

I am nineteen, will I need a credit card?


I've avoided the idea of getting one and even my parents tell me I should not get one. But, then there is an opposite to this around credit score and credit ratings. How will I ever be able to get a house mortgage if I don't have a good credit score?

I can't get a good credit score, without a credit card.

I would say it totally depends on the person. IF I know I can afford something, and I have the money, and I use my credit card; and then pay the credit card company back… Then, I will get a good credit score over time.

Right?

I'm really confused by this whole topic. Lots of people tell me not to get one, lots of people said it ruin their lives and lots of people say we need one.

I would say, does it depend on the person? AND will I definitely need one for the future?
Added (1). ** Edit: I have a Debit card, of course.

Read more: I am nineteen, will I need a credit card?