Thursday, March 31, 2016

Cash Down Payment Gifting Dilemma-Help! (FHA)?


Back Story:
So, my fiancé and I are in the process of closing on a new house. Long story short, the appraiser was from basically the next state over and didn't do a very good job on the appraisal. The contracted price (this is a spec home from a builder) is 186000, and he appraised for 179000. We are still waiting to hear from builder whether he will come down on price or if we need to come up with the cash. (this home is worth it to us)-My fiancé is not actually on the loan-just me, because she was a victim of identity theft this year and her credit went down due to fraud and we're in the process of disputing cases and all that so it's just me on the loan, which is no problem. The issue here, is we are getting married this year and do not just have an extra 7000 lying around. Here's my situation:
My fiancees parents have offered to cover the 7000 IF it comes down to us needing that. Since we are so far into the approval process-since my fiancé is not directly on the loan, can her parents transfer the money to her separate savings account from mine (2 diff. Banks) and then can she be the one to gift the money to me? Or should they directly write a check to me? We would prefer we do the transfer to her account, since we live in a different state than them and then just say its my fiancé gifting the money to me-but just want to know ahead if this will cause problems with the lender.

Thanks in advance!

Read more: Cash Down Payment Gifting Dilemma-Help! (FHA)?