Friday, April 15, 2016

Can you get a FHA loan with employment gaps?


I m going through the process for the first time. I have worked PART time without gaps, same company, since 2006. The income is low.

My FULL time work history didn t start until 2013 when I got out of college. I worked as a full time employee January 2013-June 2013, December 2013-May 2014, (spent time on a certification for my career) and I ve worked with the same company since March 2015-now (1 year) and going into another industry similar position. My upcoming employer can verify my income is stable.

Will this employment history timeline be a barrier for me? I was fresh out of college and took the work given to me. I worked part time for the last 10 years at one company and you can see my career path has led me to the job I ve just accepted. Do FHA loans require consistent work history? Am I still able to possibly get a mortgage with my history? What options do I have?

Read more: Can you get a FHA loan with employment gaps?