Thursday, April 21, 2016

First time taking a loan - Where do I start? Basic questiom?


I am looking to buy a small condo for 40k in Florida. The guy wants the money in cash. I would probably put 20k down (is that reasonable? I have 30k in savings), and get the rest in a loan. Now, I am just out of college, and never really had to look into loans thank god. My credit is pretty decent; I have 3 credit cards and pay them all on time. My salary is

I live in NYC. To take a loan, I dont really know where to start. Do I need a mortgage / home loan? What banks should I consider? Do I lets say just go to Chase and Bank of America and what not, and ask them if they would give me a loan for 20k?
Is the only thing I am comparing the interest rates?
Added (1). Apologies, I meant to say my salary is 60k. But considering I live in NYC and pay NYC rent it's really not much

Read more: First time taking a loan - Where do I start? Basic questiom?