Saturday, April 9, 2016

Loan officer keeps contacting me?


18 months ago we made an appointment with a senior loan officer for home financing. He told us we looked good to buy and said he could get us preapproved for 150 (which, 18 months later, we are better off and only preapproved for 125.) Anyhow, 4 months go by and we cannot get a hold of him. No returned emails or calls. We assumed that our credit was not in as good of standing as he said and felt discouraged. A few months later, we started a relationship with a new mortgage officer and an awesome realtor and we are set to close soon! Today I received a call from the ORIGINAL guy we contacted in the first place. This is the FOURTH within the last year that he has contacted me. Once in email, 3 times in call wanted to know if we have secured a loan yet. Every single time, I have politely told him YES we are in a committed business relationship with another company. In my email, I even kindly explained that we had every intention of working with him to close but when we did not hear back for 4 months, we moved on. I have been very polite. Well today I did a background check on him cause now I am officially freaked out. Turns out he has a ton of judgements against him and his wages have been garnished, the garnishees being multiple companies he has worked for. He is not working for the same one he was when we met face to face. Also, restraining orders from women. Is he hurting for money and really wanting to sell a house or is he dangerous? Please Help!

Read more: Loan officer keeps contacting me?