Friday, April 29, 2016

My wife has been cheating on me. I need some advice please?


My wife and I have been married for eight years and together for eleven, and we have three small children.
On August 2015 I was laid off and It took me for ever to find another job in my field. I was on EI for a year but last year it ran out. My wife is a stayed home mom and when I lost my job I was staying home with the kids while she went to work in an office as secretary.

In the meantime we weren't doing too bad, but after my EI ran out and I was not able to find another job on time, so we started to struggle. We have a mortgage, 2 vehicles, bills, food, insurance, etc to pay. Well, my wife went from making 14 an hour to make 25 an hour. I thought it was great, I mean all she said was that her boss was extremely happy with the job she was doing and that's why he decided to increase her salary. I have always trusted my wife and never imagined that she'd be capable of doing such thing.

Well, in the last few weeks I kept hearing rumors that my wife had been cheating on me with a married man, and that him and his wife were seeing a marriage counselor. I was like WTF? Anyways, I never really paid much attention to any of this. So, a couple of days ago my friend's wife called me and told me that these rumors are true and that she knew about my wife's affair because she worked for the counselor these other couple was seeing. She said she did not tell me or my friend cause she didn't want to be the reason of a potential divorce.
Added (1). I confronted my wife and this is what she told me that the reason she was doing this, was cause she was afraid we'd lose our house and everything we have worked so hard to get. She told me that she told her boss about our situation and that one day out of the blue he proposed her a raise if she accepted to sleep with him. He told her to think about it. She said that she thought about it, and that a week later she agreed, and that's how she got that raise
Added (2). She said that the affair lasted over 6 months and only ended after his wife found out. She said that his wife talked to her and she agreed not to see her husband again and accept to be laid off, his wife promised she wouldn't tell anyone. I'm hurt, disappointed, heartbroken, angry, sad. I have so many different emotions right now, and I don't know what to do. I got a new job now and my wife is home with the kids.
Added (3). I love her to death but I can't get past her cheating. She is trying to fix things, and says she will do whatever it takes to gain my trust and forgiveness, but I'm so angry that I can't even talk to her or look at her or sleep anywhere near her.

Read more: My wife has been cheating on me. I need some advice please?