Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Can i get ssdi with 2 herniated disks, sciatica and Depression?


I have a lot of pain that makes it hard to do any and everything now due to some chronic pain from 2 herniated discs with stenosis, radicalopathy, etc. I recently hurt my neck(cervical sprain) at work that has aggravated all my past injuries and started the sciatica. I m not getting any financial help because workers comp and short term disability have denied the claim. My husbands income is not enough and we need help( I m an RN and made more money than he does as a chef). I have a lawyer working on these, but it takes time. My husbands income is just over the limit for state assistance so we are stuck! I m not cleared by my doctor to work yet. I can t even fathom the thought of having to endure more pain than I previously had while working. I m only 30 years old and it seems things are not getting better(it s been 11 years with all the pain). I think I should stop working, and my doctors have hinted at the idea but I can t don t know how I could do that with kids, mortgage, etc.
I want to apply for SSDI but I hear it s very hard to get for back/ neck pain diagnoses. Any helpful info is greatly appreciated.

Read more: Can i get ssdi with 2 herniated disks, sciatica and Depression?