Sunday, May 22, 2016

My ex wife is taking me to child support and I cannot afford it?


I have 2 children, ages 11 and 9 with a previous marriage. We came to agreement 2 years ago that I will pay her $300 a month. It s not much but I had the children up until 2 years ago and I never asked her for a dime while I was drowning in babysitting fees, food and bills. So anyhow I recently bought a house that I pay $1900 a month for, a newborn and recently married. My wife is currently on maternity leave for the rest of the year. According to my gross pay she is entitled to $1400. Which is more of one of my biweekly checks after taxes. She has no mortgage because he house her husband and her live in was a gift from her husbands grandparents. She also receives SSI for both children and food stamps. She also files income tax with both children. After having the children for 2 years she decides to file. I don t know whether it s personal because I am married with a newborn and live in my own house with my wife. I always take care of my children. I buy them cloths and always see them when it s my turn. I need help. I don t know what to do. I won t be able to afford the child support and keep my family under a roof and especially with a newborn. What can I do? Does the judge see my expenses when calculating child support?

Read more: My ex wife is taking me to child support and I cannot afford it?