Friday, May 13, 2016

Should I close out my credit union accounts?


I've been trying to simplify my life and get rid of some of my unnecessary possessions.

As far as my bank accounts; I have a savings and checking account with 3 different banks. My payroll direct deposits are split up between the banks.

I was thinking about closing my credit union accounts since it's the only account that only provides me with ATM instead of a check card for purchases. But I kept it open because my credit union deposits my money 1 or 2 days earlier than my banks does. And that has been very convenient for me; especially in times of emergencies…

Not sure what I should do… Should I

- Keep all accounts open with all 3 banks open OR

- Close my credit union accounts?

Read more: Should I close out my credit union accounts?