Sunday, September 11, 2016

HOA requiring sit down interview?

My mother got a mortgage loan in her name (to get a lower interest rate) but only I will be living there and paying the mortgage. The deed /title is in both names. The HOA is requiring a personal face-to- face interview with both of us. The issue is, is that the seller is required to close on their new property by the end of 2013. Which gives us 5 days to interview. I live in the area ( Fort Lauderdale) so l am available to interview. My mother lives 5 hours away and will not be able to make it by closing.

We put 20k deposit into escrow and have a contract fully executed at this point. However, my mom is willing to have a phone or skype interview.

What are our options at this point? Should I just have the deed/title in my name instead of both names?

Read more: HOA requiring sit down interview?