Thursday, January 12, 2017

Should I say anything about my husband s secret money?


I ve been married 10 yrs. Going into the marriage my husband and I agreed to keep our separate accounts. We had our children from previous relationships and I had a considerable amount (still do) of debt that I didn t want him to know about. And, I didn t want to be questioned about my spending habits.
I give him money for the mortgage and a few household bills. It s not a whole lot.
I know that he has money. He makes excellent money and is wise with money. He believes that if you don t have the cash up front you don t need it.

Well, I did a bad thing. I got a hold of his ATM and looked to see how much he had. He has over a years salary. I feel so betrayed. Does he not love me enough to tell me? I am sure that some oh his thought process is that if he told me I would think " Whee! All this money". I am trying to put this out of my head and tell myself, thank God he has that. God forbide something happens, he would have the money to take care of --- as he has always done. Or, is it intended for something else? When did he get this money?
So do I confront knowing full well that I will break his trust?
Feeling so unsettled.

Read more: Should I say anything about my husband s secret money?