Tuesday, February 7, 2017

How do I get into real estate investing and dodge all the charlatans trying to upsell you?


I'm frustrated. I have been trying to break into real estate investing for 20 years. I've read countless books and courses. I've spent thousands on boot camps and seminars. I've paid thousands on specialized software. I've paid thousands on mentoring.

I have been inundated with ideas, but it always feels incomplete. I even took massive action a few times, marketing for motivated sellers. I even had a few offers accepted, but the deals fell through.

One time I was going to buy a 4 unit property, but after the home inspection, I backed out because I got scared.

Another time I was trying to put together lease option deals, but I found it difficult to convince people that it was a good solution for their problems. I had a an out of state owner agree to it once, but once I sent them my contracts, they stopped returning my calls.

I have spent hundreds on signs, business cards, flyers and plastered my town with those things.

I even found a motivated seller and bought my first house with some of the techniques and put $30,000 equity to my net worth on the purchase.

I'm tired. I really want this, but it seems that every time I find a path, it leads me to another guru. I just want to find someone who is successful and model them, but I don't want to be upsold any more.

Its like here is the way to make money pay me $100. Now that you've paid me $100, if you really want to know how to make money, pay me $1000… And it goes on and on.

Read more: How do I get into real estate investing and dodge all the charlatans trying to upsell you?