Friday, March 24, 2017

Apartment lease office refuses to fill out papers for mortgage lending company!

I moved in with my boyfriend a year ago and he asked the the office to add me to the lease so I could build credit to buy a house. I finally found a house this year and made an offer on it. The mortgage lending company sent papers to the apartment office for them to fill out as proof I had paid rent there. We always paid our rent on time and the old lady in the office refused to fill out the papers saying I was only an occupant. I went in to talk to her and she said my boyfriend never told her to put me on the lease only as an occupant. Which is a total lie since we both went in asking her to put me on the lease. She asked me to fill out a lease agreement application, turn in pay stubs, and photocopied my SS card and drivers license. Now she refuses to fill out the papers saying I was never on the lease. Is there anything I can do since it seems to me she is just being difficult and unreasonable?

Read more: Apartment lease office refuses to fill out papers for mortgage lending company!