Thursday, March 23, 2017

Just found out about taxes and I owe a lot and have other bills

I'm only 23 and I just filed taxes and learned about taxes (don't judge me, people told me I didn't need to filed taxes because i Didn't make enough). So I've been working for three years, have only made about $25k/year. Someone told me I didn't need to pay taxes until I made $27k and also I am self employed. So not thinking I had to save and pay taxes (like a dork), I went out and got two car loans, a mortgage, phone payments, internet and cable bills and other utilities. So of the money I make per month, half of it goes towards bills. So I went in to file taxes finally and it turns out I owe the government for the past three years around $10k or so. But the issue is I have car payments and other bills I wanted to pay off now all my extra hard earned money will go to the government! Is there anyway I can start over and not owe this to the government? Like a fresh start or something? I am so mad I listened to my friend. I should have been saving and paying taxes, not spending money because apparently most the money I make goes to the government! But really I had no idea but good thing I caught it now, right?
Please no mean responses, I feel bad enough!

Read more: Just found out about taxes and I owe a lot and have other bills