Sunday, April 16, 2017

Can I apply for a loan at my bank?

I'm an undocumented student in Illinois. I will be attending college this fall. I have DACA status (lets me work in the US legally with a valid social security number) and I have my own bank account, credit card etc.Basically I'm living almost as a regular US citizen, paying my taxes, working, going to school, etc. Since I start college soon, I have a limited number of options to choose from. I am mostly going towards private schools, which offered me lots of financial aid compared to public schools that offered me only a little. I ve been told my whole life that I can't apply for student loans/federal financial aid but if that s the case then how can I apply for a mortgage or a car loan at my bank? Are they different things? I tried researching already but the wording was confusing on all the articles I read so I came here in hopes that someone can explain better. Thanks!

Read more: Can I apply for a loan at my bank?