Friday, April 14, 2017

Etiquette: How would you react in my predicament? Details below

I recently decided to move back to my home town as I was experiencing difficulties with my neighbours.

My Father offered to sell me a house for a specific price (a house was using for rental purposes and wanted to sell) and I jumped at the opportunity to buy the house as it was closer to home. Due to my issues with my neighbour, he agreed that I could move in pre-sale and I sold my home for just the right amount.

Since then, my Father has had a change of heart. He no longer wants to sell the property to me for the price agreed and as the previous tenants left the house in quite a state, i'm in the unfortunate situation where I have to find an alternative home as I can't afford to live here. The house is also not very nice as it was left in a state by the previous tenants.

I feel in limbo to be honest. I don't have enough money to buy another house due to selling my house at a knock down rate but I trusted my Father at his word that I would be able to purchase this property…

I feel such a fool and now I may need to re-apply for a mortgage when my property was previously owned by me outright. I've explained that i'll be moving and he now wishes to advertise for new tenants.

Read more: Etiquette: How would you react in my predicament? Details below