Sunday, April 9, 2017

How can I remove a lien from my property

Lien is from bank who we had original mortgage from. Since then bank has changed ownership numerous times each time taking over our mortgage. Original bank who holds lien has been out of business for over 20 years. We have clear deed and satisfaction piece for mortgage. Have not had mortgage for over 15 years. We only found this when we obtained a home equity line of credit. Said lien is from 22 years ago from bank who is no longer in business. Went to recorder of deeds at local court house and all they can tell us is name of bank (which is bank out of business), date placed, and amount $9,000. Only loan we ever had is mortgage. We have been with same bank just different names for over 40 years. Glad we found out before something happened to me or wife, and kids would have to try to clear deed. Went to our bank and no one can tell us what lien is for. How can I resolve this if present bank whom I would guess took over mortgage can not even tell me what lien is for.

Read more: How can I remove a lien from my property