Thursday, April 6, 2017

I offered the asking price for a house and got rejected

I am buying my second property and after having found a lovely house, just outside london, I made an offer on it.

have sold my flat subject to contract, but I also, along with my parents, have another property which I own completely. I have taken out a small mortgage out of that property to be able to be a cash buyer on this new house.

The house in question has been on the market for 2 months and reduced from 315k to 300.

I went to see it last Friday, and made an offer for £300k. The website didn't say offers over or in excess of. When I told the estate agent my decision, she told me the buyer has more viewings and therefore can't let me know about he decision until those have taken place!

In the coming days, the agents asked to contact my mortgage broker to confirm things (which he did and assured them they would receive th money within two weeks ) and contacted my solicitors and estate agents who are dealing with selling my current property.

I didn't hear from them again until today, nearly a week later, so I had to ring them myself to see what's happening? The woman took a very condescending tone with me and said there are now other offers on the table and mine has been declined unless I'm willing to pay more than the asking price!

I said I. Pulsing and she said well then your offer still stays declined! I can't believe I had to ring and enquire myself, where otherwise I would have just been left hanging!

Is this professional? Is it right?

Read more: I offered the asking price for a house and got rejected