Thursday, May 11, 2017

Does my families net worth make us working class or middle class? What would we be considered?

My grandmother is 73 years old and retired. She lives with my parents and I in our house here in Plymouth. My grandma has a small state pension of about £400 a month. My dad is 51 and my mum is 49. My parents have a combined income of £2,000 a month. We live in a house worth £250,000 and my parents paid off the mortgage on it 7 years ago, so they fully own our house now. We as a family(My Grandmother, mum, dad and I) have a combined savings of around £350,000. We own a Mercedes worth around £20,000.

So in total our family has a net worth of about £620,000, plus an income of £2,400 a month. I am studying at University. Are we considered working class or middle class?
Added (1). My Grandfather sadly died a few years ago.

Read more: Does my families net worth make us working class or middle class? What would we be considered?