Thursday, May 25, 2017

Mortgage company not reporting on time payments to credit bureau

I was currently in bankrupt chapter 13. Then my work situation changed. And I decided it was better to close my bankrupt case. So I worked out something with my mortgage company, with a lower interest rate. I have been current since October 2016. I keep checking my credit report, and my mortgage company still has it as "in bankrupt". I just called my mortgage company. And to they told me I would have to contact the credit bueau, and dispute it. My question is, right now it is not including the amount of the home as debt because it's listed as in bankrupt. If I get it corrected will my credit score go down or up. I know it will show as payments being made on time, but will the extra $90,000 mess with my debt ratio. I was wondering if a mortgage would count as something else. I'm trying to rebuild my credit, so I don't want my score dropping 100 points overnight.

Read more: Mortgage company not reporting on time payments to credit bureau