Saturday, June 3, 2017

I had two months of maxed-out credit card before mortgage closing. But I paid them immediately. Is this fine?

I've had no balance on my two credit cards for nearly a year, and 757 credit score.

My house has taken 11 months to build. I (stupidly) maxed out my two cards the last two months, and my loan officer pulled my credit w/o telling me yesterday, and this showed on my report, dropping my score by 65 points.

I have PLENTY of money, and paid them both down IMMEDIATELY. My realtor says if my loan officer just pulls my updated credit report in 4 or 5 days, it'll be fine, and I'll only have a slightly worse score than initially, maybe affecting my interest rate and/or monthly payment.

However, my loan officer (who cries wolf a lot) is freaking out and saying she doesn't know how to spin this so the underwriter will still approve me.

Also, she wants updated paystubs again. I just got a new better job (SAME title, SAME industry) that pays MORE than my old job, but I was paid by a staffing company for one month in between this and my old job (it was a "working interview" situation). So I have the legit offer letter, but not consistent paystubs from the new or old jobs, only paystubs from the staffing agency.

Does this all seem (while a cluster) okay still? My realtor is asking mortgage contacts for advice on how to spin this situation.
Added (1). NOTE: The two cards were maxed at $2400, and $300, respectively.
Added (2). NOTE: Loan officer re-pulled my credit cause my original had expired after 5 months. The build-out is just taking forever. I'd stupidly thought I could wait to pay down before closing. Dumb.

Read more: I had two months of maxed-out credit card before mortgage closing. But I paid them immediately. Is this fine?