Wednesday, June 28, 2017

In the UK, if I open a second bank account, then the second bank would offer me only a basic account?

Hello,
I'm an EU citizen living and working in the UK for about 5 months, I have a basic account with a UK bank, I work ever since I opened my account, into my account arrives each month at least 1,200 pounds of salary, I all the time have at least 500 pounds in my account.
Let's say the following scenario happens: one month from now I ask my bank to upgrade me to a regular bank account so I can get overdraft, credit card and possibility to apply for a mortgage and a loan; the bank refuses me; then I gather absolutely everything that I can to show my financial situation and go to an other bank and ask them to open a regular account for me right the way, thus getting overdraft, credit card and possibility to apply for a mortgage and a loan from my new bank right the way. My question is: would there be banks who would do this?
In other words, we're talking about my own, personal conduct when a bank decides to give me or not a loan or any other credit and the fact that who did I bank with before is not relevant? Would the majority of the banks tell me that I have good financial records but I didn't bank with them before so they will only offer me a basic account and I must wait other 6 months or more for an upgraded account?
Thank you.

Read more: In the UK, if I open a second bank account, then the second bank would offer me only a basic account?