Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Living situation problem and boyfriend wanting to move out

I have a bit of an issue. My parents divorced a few years ago. Ever since, my mother moved out and left my dad with me and my sister. We live in a home, but due to her moving out, she does not make any payments. Me and sister had to step up and pay rent. Before that we helped with other bills, but now it's the mortgage. My boyfriend and I have been together over 6 years and he's been asking to move out. He has multiple reasons and I understand. It's just that, how can I leave my dad when he needs to make the monthly mortgage payments. I must say the location we live is very convenient, and also the mortgage itself is affordable. Affordable for 3 people to pay that is…
What could I do? I feel bad about leaving my dad, I've mentioned it before and he says he'll figure it out somehow but never gives ideas.
He doesn't like tenants as we've had them in the past and it was mainly trouble.
I've asked boyfriend to move in with us before, but he doesn't want to. There really is no privacy, so I understand, but I have no ideas to what I could do.
Added (1). Ideally, I'd like to continue living there and save money for a home so that we can move out then, but this still wouldn't solve the problem of my father being unable to pay his mortgage.
Added (2). Sorry if there's confusion. My father has a mortgage, so me and my sister help pay that, which is like a rent for us.
Added (3). My boyfriend currently does not live with us, he lives outside with his family.

Read more: Living situation problem and boyfriend wanting to move out