Monday, June 26, 2017

Should I be embarrassed with my current living situation or should I accept it?

I'm 26 years old. I live in San Francisco where housing prices are ridiculously expensive. I was very fortunate my father paid off the mortgage before he passed away. My family owns a 5 bedroom home in an affluent community. I went to college and studied really hard but had no luck in finding a well paying job. I got a job at a bank that pays me $15 an hour. My boss recognizes that I work hard and has given me raises here and there but they are only a few cents which will not make me rich. I have tried to apply for jobs that pay $80,000 a year but my lack of experience is not attracting their attention. I feel really bad living with my Mom. I feel that with my age I should be living on my own. I have met coworkers who moved here that are struggling as well and they told me if their parents owned a home out here they would do the same as me.

Read more: Should I be embarrassed with my current living situation or should I accept it?