Thursday, September 7, 2017

How can I get a mortgage lender to release a lien on a property if the lender has bankrupt and no longer exists?

I'm trying to get a home equity loan, but the credit union tells me there's some old lien on my house. The loans on my house have been paid off for years. But apparently, the loan company sold my loan to another lender and the servicing agent tells me that lender never sent a release?

The lender is now bankrupt (since 2011) and all attempts to contact have failed. The loan was sold multiple times, but I have paid this loan in full years ago. Surely there has to be a way I can fill out a form or make a request that this lien be removed, the lender no longer exists! I live in NC, so any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Not sure if each state has different laws/process.

I also don't understand why, considering I have proof that this loan is paid, and the lender is non-existent, why isn't this being ignored? What is the process to clean this up? I have waited over a month and the servicing agent continue to tells me they are "working on it", if I can't get in contact with this lender, then how can they. I can't afford to sit around and wait a year for someone to send me a simple release form. I bet if the city wanted this house, it would be cleaned up next day. Help!

Read more: How can I get a mortgage lender to release a lien on a property if the lender has bankrupt and no longer exists?