Sunday, October 8, 2017

How long does my job have to pay me for missing hours?

So this morning I woke up and looked into my bank account at a deposit from my job. And it was $560 less than what it should have been. I get paid commission and they messed up on my sales. I'm off today so I called my direct supervisor and the hr manager and they finally figured it out and said they would pay out the hours on my next check. This is the second time they have done this and it's getting frustrating! This was the check to pay my mortgage and also my daughter bday is on Tuesday so I was really depending on this money. I have savings but its something I don't want to touch unless I absolutely have to, and I shouldn't have to for my companies mistake. Does anyone know if a company can really make you wait another 2 weeks to get the money they owe me? I actually worked an additional 10 hours at my job in that pay period to help them out, and now they are making me wait. Not really sure what the labor laws in Minnesota are, but this is ridiculous!

Read more: How long does my job have to pay me for missing hours?