Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Tips on buying a house and renting rooms to military?

I'm active duty military and single. Currently rent an apartment and I want to buy a house in February 2018 when my lease ends. My idea is to buy a 3 bedroom and rent out the 2 extra rooms to other military members. I've never owned any real estate so this would be my 1st house ever. I recently started getting into real estate investing and think this is a perfect time and way to begin my journey.

The rent from the 2 rooms would pay the mortgage and I would pocket the BAH I receive and save it for house repairs and what not. All while building equity. I always meet people on base looking for a place to stay.

Although I have more trust in military members I'm thinking of making a contract that they have to sign just to be safe. Should I hire a lawyer to make me one or make my own? What should I include in it?
If there are any veterans that are real estate experts in the Las Vegas area I would appreciate the help!

Thanks

Read more: Tips on buying a house and renting rooms to military?