Sunday, December 3, 2017

Friend keeps nagging me to sell my flat?

Friend keeps nagging me to sell my flat. It's a nice flat in a quiet area and I'm now mortgage free, so just paying council tax and utilities at the moment. At the moment I'm actually quite happy where I'm for the meantime, especially now my monthly bills are very low and I'm still only 34.

One day I will of course like to go up the property ladder and get my forever home, but for now I'm content.

Why does he keep suggesting it? It's not exactly a bad flat and the area is not too bad. I have lived in worse accommodation (sharing bathroom, no washing machine, box room in much rougher areas )

I think maybe he s lonely and not got many friends, so I think he s trying to get me to move closer to him. He lives other side of town.

His sister sold a flat far north and now can't buy nothing down here. Maybe wants me to sell and maybe do a deal for his sister?

Getting to the point where I don't even want to meet up with him anymore, because all he talks about is material stuff and my property, I really don't want to just cut him off. Every one I have told about this is baffled because they think I have a nice flat, especially for my age. Especially with the housing situation, where nowadays many people are still house sharing into their 40 s and even 50 s.

Any way what should I do about this?

Read more: Friend keeps nagging me to sell my flat?