Sunday, December 10, 2017

Moving out of my parents house. Now I feel bad and selfish. What to do?

Hey everyone. I'm a 24 year old girl living with my family. Been working as a nurse for almost 2 years now.
Long story short, I want to move out of my parents house. They are in their late 50s and bought a house 2 years ago. I help them with mortgage and we also have renters and all combined merely pays mortgage. If I leave, they can't afford the house. Also I'm Indian, which means the whole moving out thing doesn't make sense to me. I really need some distance from them. I feel bad cause if I move, they may have to live in basement and rent the upper portion. My dad refuses to sell the house and buy an apartment or a townhouse. I just know that if I leave they won't be able to afford it and they know it too. They keep saying "we'll manage" "I'll see what other work I can do". Also my mom is sick with stage 4 breast cancer which makes this whole thing even worse.
What do I do? I feel selfish and like I'm a bad person.

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/moving-out-of-my-parents-house-now-i-feel-bad-and.html