Sunday, February 11, 2018

How can my boyfriend and I build credit while saving money and living with my dad?

My boyfriend makes 24 thousand a year & I just started working making 22 thousand. We have been living with my dad for 4 years now & we really need to move out. We want to build credit so we can buy a house since mortgage payments on a 3-4 bedroom house in our area are actually cheaper than renting a 1-2 bedroom apartment & we want to start a family. Starting next month we'll both be saving 80 percent of our paycheck every week into a savings account for the down payment on the home plus other expenses we'll have when we move. We're giving ourselves 2 years to save at least 60 thousand. So my question is, how do we go about building credit so we can get approved for a mortgage in 2 years? Neither one of us has a credit history yet & we don't have any important expenses. All we pay for is food, going out, gifts, etc. My dad provides everything else. He pays the rent, bills, utilities, & car insurance. We can't ask for him to help us build credit by switching things over to our card when we get one & paying for things that way because we can't let him know our plans to save money & move out since he's paranoid & doesn't trust banks. He also thinks credit cards will screw us over with debt. If he knows about our plans to move out he will kick us out & if we're on our own we'll be struggling bad because one of us will be out of a job since we only have 1 car & would no longer live next to a bus station. So I'd just like to know how we can build credit in our crazy situation.

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/how-can-my-boyfriend-and-i-build-credit-while-saving.html