Thursday, February 8, 2018

How do I go about getting power of attorney for my parents?

Does it cost money? What will it do for me? My parents tend to get very confused. My dad has some big time medical issues and mom is not going to be able to handle what's coming. I'm scared for her. I'm pretty sure she will have to sell her home and find something more suitable. I'm going to have to help. I would like access to their mortgage info, so I'm able to assist in the selling and buying of property. Also, I live out of state, so I can't go with him to his Dr. Appointments. I would like to be able to discuss my dad's condition with his health care providers. Will I be able to do this with a power of attorney?
Added (1). P.S. My parents do not have any business sense whatsoever. They are broke, always have been. There's no will, no retirement funds other than SS, no life insurance. And it sounds like they have an interest only mortgage. It's a nightmare!

Read more: How do I go about getting power of attorney for my parents?