Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Should we move in with my in laws long term?

I married into a Hispanic family. No that does not matter but they do tend to have close family ties and they like to have multiple generations under one house hold. His family wants to buy a bigger home. (3000sq ft) and we would live in a big room on one side of the house (my MIL has already showed me pictures of a potiential house) and the other bedrooms are on the other side. It's a very sweet thought that they would want to live with us for awhile seeing as most parents want their kids out As soon as possible. However his mother is very strict and i don't know I'm not sure what to do. This would most likely be for a very long time. I'm 23 and my husband is 24. We're both finishing up school and planning on grad school. We would probably stay there and help them pay for the house for a minimum of 5 years. We would buy our own household items, food etc and we're splitting the bills and mortgage based on everyone who lives there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Read more: Should we move in with my in laws long term?