Friday, April 20, 2018

Can remarriage mean paying more money in child support in Virginia?

My ex is saying I have more money because my EXPENSES are less because I'm remarried. So she wants more money in child support. My income has NOT changed only my relationship status. Then my issue with Virginia; I don't know about other states; is they never use both my income and expenses to evaluated the calculations in child support. Only MY income. And if my wife's income is inclusive with mine and the court will use our combine income to modify the child support shouldn't Our Expenses be use too. (IE) I'm single, my income has Not changed, yet I no longer pay a mortgage does that mean there's a change in my material circumstances? And hence I have, I suppose, what could be considered as disposable income; so I must pay more in child support. I read remarriage can constitute a material change because with the combine income "my" Expense is "lower" and my income is "freer" to pay more in support. How is this legal and/or constitutional even? Because A)The court does not calculate anyone's unrelated child expenses as part of evaluating support. B) The Step-parent is not obligated to support the child/children C) Is it constitutional to force a person on how they should spend their money after they have satisfy their responsibly?

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/can-remarriage-mean-paying-more-money-in-child-support.html