Monday, April 30, 2018

Career Advice Needed?

I graduated from college in 2016. After graduating I worked for a bank for a little over a year and worked in the mortgage industry for almost a year. I got laid off at the beginning of this year. I found a job in less than two months. The person training me at this job was rude and disrespectful at times. After about 6 weeks I told my boss about this because I wanted the situation to improve, I asked for advice on how to improve my working relationship with my co worker. I was fired the same day, I was told I wasn't meeting their expectations and wasn't a good fit. I was shocked this is the first time I had ever been fired. So now I'm looking for a new job, I think its best if I don't put this job on my resume since I didn't even work there two months. My question is will a prospective employer find out that I didn't list this job on my resume with a background check? Also I'm probably going to have to take a pay cut on my next job
I started out making 32K a year, then 37K and I was recently at 41K. How much of a pay cut should I take?

Thanks in advance
Added (1). I just want to add more to this:
1. The comments that were made to me were "Can you read", "Did you smoke weed and forget", "How did you graduate school". The person was 2 years younger than me. These comments were made to minor mistakes while I was being trained during the first 2-3 weeks. After the 4 week I was working independently for the most part and avoiding my co worker because she had a rude attitude. Everyone that I asked for advice for said to talk to my co-worker about it.
Added (2). Or talk to my boss about it
I approached my boss to ask how I was doing, she turned the question around and asked me the same thing. I said that I feeling like I'm continuing to improve and working independently. Then she asked if I'm having any issues. I said I would like advice on how to improve my working relationship with my co- worker because I told her while I was being trained she was making rude and disrespectful comments. She asked for examples and I told her what she said.
Added (3). Then a few hours later, my boss took me into the dept manager's office. He told me that I wasn't doing well and I'm not a good fit. I said this is the first I'm hearing about this and he said it is just not working out.

I only have a 3 month gap for employment and it isn't that long in my opinion. I think it's best that I leave it off.

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/career-advice-needed.html