Thursday, April 5, 2018

I cried in front of the professors in my PhD program, is that really bad?

I'm usually always professional. I'm in my first year of a phd program and have gotten A s and A- s in all 11 of my classes. A math professor recently gave me an F in my Stats class. I was told by my advisor that the school won't accept my appeal, that getting an internship will be harder now, that I have to take the class over, yet the F will always stay on the transcript, that if I get another F in the program (over the course of the next 3 years), I will be kicked out of the program and will have to pack my bags and move back home across the country with no degree and a loan thats worth a mortgage. I broke down and cried in front of two of my professors who are important figures in my program. I'm deeply embarassed for crying. I couldnt help it. Do you think that was very unprofessional of me as a phd student?

Read more: I cried in front of the professors in my PhD program, is that really bad?