Thursday, May 24, 2018

Contractor won't give me a receipt or return my calls?

I don't know what to do at this point…

Last week a reputable contractor did my roof on my new home. I paid the balance via etransfer and he promised to return this Monday with the receipt and warranty.

I absolutely need to get a receipt. My mortgage is going to reimburse me for the costs but I need to provide a receipt as proof of completion for them to release the funds.

I called Tuesday and left a message reminding him that I need to receipt and to call me to let me know when he can drop it off… No response. I called again this morning and left another message reminding him that I paid him through my credit to avoid him needing to deal with the bank and that I couldn't get my money until I get a receipt. He never called back today.

I'm at a loss for how to deal with him at this point. Does anyone have suggestions for what language I should be using to get a call back or (even better) have him just give me my receipt?

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/contractor-won-t-give-me-a-receipt-or-return-my-calls.html